Thank you for visiting our website (www.buryandhilton.co.uk).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read it carefully and ensure that you understand it. Should you not accept and agree with any part of it, please stop using the website immediately because your continuing use of our website will be seen as your acceptance of it.
This website is operated by Bury & Hilton Limited (Trading as “Bury & Hilton”). For the purposes of UK data protection law, we are the Data Controller. Our Company Number is 07140994 and our Registered Office is at 6 Market Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6HZ. We are a member of the Ombudsman Services: Property. If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us on 01538 383344 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect about you
We collect and process the following information about you:
• Information you provide to us. You can provide us with information about you by filing in forms on our website or by contacting us by telephone, email or otherwise. The information you provide to us may include your name, address, email address, telephone numbers and any other information you choose to provide.
• Information we collect about you. When you use our website, we automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, your IP address and information about how you use our website and other websites.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use a property portal website to contact us. This could include details of your property search and information about your likely interests. We may combine this information with other information you provide to us or which we collect about you.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you for the following purposes:
• Providing services to you. We use your personal information to provide you with information and services that you request from us.
• Marketing and advertising. We use your personal information to provide you, or to permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that we think will interest you.
• Service improvements. We may use your personal information to tell you about changes to our services and to help keep our website secure.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is these ways is typically one of the following:
• Consent. You have consented to us using your personal information for this purpose. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
• Performance of a contract. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract with you, or for us to take steps on your instruction prior to entering into a contract with you.
• Legitimate interests. It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information for this purpose to operate our website, to provide and promote our services and to protect our business.
• Legal obligations. It is necessary for us to process your personal information to comply with the law.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
Our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors. We may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who are providing services to us, or where necessary to provide a service you have requested.
We may also share your personal information in order to obtain professional advice or to comply with a legal obligation or a request from a law enforcement or other regulatory authority.
Storing your personal information
The information we store about you is stored on computer systems based in the United Kingdom.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of your information as transmitted to our website. Once we receive your information we will use strict security procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
We will store your personal information for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us. The period will vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us. For example, where you were interested in details of properties we are offering, we may continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you. Similarly, you may require us to retain information for longer or we may need to retain it for legal reasons.
You have the right to tell us not to use any of your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing, using the link in any of the marketing emails we send you. UK data protection law also gives you the following rights:
• A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
• A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
• A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
• A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for other legal reasons;
• A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
• A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
• A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
To exercise any of those rights, please write to us at 6 Market Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6HZ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will comply with the law in responding to your requests. That means that there may sometimes be a legal reason why we cannot comply with all requests.
Changes to our policies
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes. Any changes will be posted on this page of the website and you will be deemed to have accepted changes to the Policy on your first use of the website following the changes.
Links to other websites
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please write to us at 6 Market Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6HZ, marking your letter for the attention of The Data Protection Officer. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.